Movie actor, Jonathan Majors ‘ star was shining bright with features in the “Creed III” and the Ant-Man as well as a host of other impending releases.
But he’s had to suffer being dropped from some projects because a 30-year-old woman who is unnamed accused him of assaulting her. Without waiting for the outcomes of the allegation, the US Army of whom he featured in commercials for dropped him, suffering the same fate from another client.
Some witnesses have said Jonathan Majors did not assault the said woman and rather it was he who in fact called 911 for the New York City police to respond inside an apartment in the Manhattan neighborhood of Chelsea.
Some accounts suggest the woman has recanted her story, angry the new star had to be detained after assurances he wouldn’t be.
Majors, 33 was arraigned in New York City on several charges that he assaulted and harassed a woman.
Jonathan Majors Response to Assault Charges
Although the woman “sustained minor injuries to her head and neck and was removed to an area hospital in stable condition,” Majors has denied all the allegations through his lawyer, Priya Chaudhry.
Chaudhry mentioned Majors himself called 911 over concerns for her mental health. And, Ayesha Chaudhry also says the woman made a series of written statements taking back those allegations although they have not been independently verified.
A representative for Majors also denied any wrongdoing by the actor. “He has done nothing wrong,” the representative said in an email. “We look forward to clearing his name and clearing this up.”
Good News for Jonathan
Marvel and Disney, who are behind “Ant-Man And The Wasp” and the rest of the Marvel Universe, have yet to make any statement about any of this.
Majors has long-term plans with Marvel Studios to play Kang, the main villain in the studio’s current phase of films and television, which will lead to him headlining Avengers: The Kang Dynasty, set to be released in 2025.
A judge ordered Majors released on his own recognizance with a limited order of protection. He’s scheduled to appear in court on May 8.
Jonathan Majors Film Reel
He got his big break in 2019′s “The Last Black Man in San Francisco.” Majors has since starred in “Da 5 Bloods,” “The Harder They Fall” as well as “Creed III” and “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania,” plus last year’s “Devotion.”
He also stars in Searchlight Pictures’ “Magazine Dreams,” set for a Dec. 8, release.
Majors is also an Emmy nominee for HBO’s “Lovecraft Country.”
Messages from woman who accused Jonathan Majors of assault
In three sets of messages — provided by Chaudhry and redacted to protect the woman’s privacy — the woman allegedly wrote, “Please let me know you’re okay when you get this. They assured me that you won’t be charged. They said they had to arrest you as protocol when they saw the injuries on me and they knew we had a fight. I’m so angry that they did. And I’m sorry you’re in this position. Will make sure nothing happens about this. I told them it was my fault for trying to grab your phone. I only just got out of hospital. Just call me when you’re out. I love you.”
In a follow-up text message, which was sent a few hours later, she says, “They just called again to check on me and I reiterated how this was not an attack and they do not have my blessing on any charges being placed. I read the paper they gave me about strangulation and I said point blank this did not occur and should be removed immediately. The judge is definitely going to be told this. She ensured this to me. I know you have the best team and there’s nothing to worry about I just want you to know that I’m doing all I can my end. I also said to tell the judge to know that the origin of the call was to do with me collapsing and passing out and your worry as my partner due to our communication prior. Out of care. She promised all will be relayed.”