Impressing someone on a first date doesn’t have to be expensive. Here are some ideas to help you make a good impression while sticking to a budget:
1. Choose a unique and affordable venue – Consider a beach, neighborhood park, coffee shop, or a museum with free admission instead of going to a fancy restaurant.
2. Plan an activity – Doing something together, such as having a picnic or going for a walk can be a fun and budget-friendly.
3. Be thoughtful – Pay attention to what your date says. Ask thoughtful questions and listen attentively. Keep an open mind and be considerate of their feelings and opinions.
4. Be yourself – Don’t try to be someone you’re not or pretend to have more money than you do. Being authentic is the best thing to do as the false cover will give way anyways and your loved one will ditch you.
5. Plan a creative and low-cost date – Suggest a do-it-yourself (DIY) date, like cooking ‘Akple’ and pairing with crushed pepper sauce with fish or cooking boiled yam with ‘Kontomire’ stew.
6. Show appreciation – Express gratitude for your date’s time and company, and let them know that you enjoyed spending time with them.
Remember, the most important thing is to have fun and make a connection with your date. With a little creativity and effort, you can have a memorable first date, even on a limited budget.